Thursday, June 2, 2011

Break Time

Tasty Tidbit #1:  For My Husband

            Wanna have sex?

Tasty Tidbit #2:  Are My Shorts Too Short Or Is My Underwear Too Long?

            Let me tell you something folks.  If you are wearing shorts, or even pants for that matter and you bend over and I (or any other innocent bystander) can see a solid three inches of your hot pink granny panty underwear, you need to adjust your wardrobe.  And by the way, Hot Pink thanks for that, excuse me while I gag. 

Break Time

            Yeah, whatever I planned to write about tonight you can forget it. Had a feeling that was going to happen.  Actually, I am sitting here typing with no real idea where I am going with this blog tonight.  Okay, so that’s not completely true.  I was whining a bit to my other half that I didn’t have anything to blog about tonight, but its Thursday which means I better come up with something.  Ben asked me who I was writing for.  I said myself, but I always have my peeps in mind as well.  Tonight I feel like the well of creativity and spiritual guruness is dry.  I want to say things that are inspiring, creative, and yes, spiritual.  The problem is I’m not really feeling any of those things at the moment.  Why?  I’m tired.  I need a break.
            I like to do things in my own time, but time seems to have a mind of its own lately.  The days are all blurring together into one continuous stream of motion.  A crushing, whitewater rapids like rushing motion.  I rush here, I rush there, I’m running until I can’t remember that it’s Thursday and I have a blog to write.  I can hear quiet calling my name but I just don’t have the time to stop and be.  Even weekends filled with fun are still filled.  This morning as I meditated I fell asleep, which isn’t something that happens.  I might wander off into the realm of thoughts, but I can’t remember ever falling asleep before.  Though I love everything that I am doing in my life, I’m ready for some down time.  I’m just not sure when that is going to happen.  When I sat down to try and look at a calendar to see when I could take a break, I was slightly distracted by the ten other things I was trying to do.  Thursday came so fast this week that when my Google calendar emailed me to remind me that ‘Ritas needed to be ready, I went into the settings of my calendar because I was sure that it couldn’t be Thursday already.  But of course, it is. 
            I have a tarot card deck with dragons on it.  Random, I know.  One of my favorite cards in the deck is the Hermit card.  The dragon is perched on a cliff edge, glasses on is nose (snout?), reading a book.  Underneath him is a whole stack of books just waiting to be cracked open.  When I think of rest, when I think of taking a break, I see that card pop into my head.  On my kitchen table there is a stack of books waiting for me and I haven’t had time to do anything but shuffle them around.  What I really want to do is sit down in my comfy chair and read.  A nap would be nice too.  I just can’t seem to find the time.
            Everything, of course, boils down to organization and time management.  When people tell you shit you already know it just makes you want to smack them, doesn’t it?  Like when your life blows up in your face and people say “oh you have to stay positive,” or even better “everything happens for a reason.”  That might be true, but at this moment I sure as hell don’t want to hear it.  I know that I need to work on my time management, let me pencil that in.  Thankfully, my life has not blown up, just become very busy.  The fact that I enjoy what I do helps tremendously, but it doesn’t change the fact that I know what I need.  I keep thinking over and over to myself, I just want a week to sleep, sit quietly, and read.  So how do I get that?  How do you pull yourself out of the rapids?  I have to be honest and say I’m not exactly sure.  I’m positive that I will get the rest I need.  I know that when I do the well of creativity will refill and I will have lots of fun and interesting things to share with everyone.  For the moment though, I think I am going to do the best thing I can for everyone.  I’m going to go to bed early.  This might not be the most exciting blog I’ve ever written, but it’s the truth and I like that.  Goodnight all, see you next week.    

No comments:

Post a Comment