Thursday, June 9, 2011

32

Tasty Tidbit #1:  The End

            That’s where we are at right now folks, the end.  Not the end of this blog, but the end of something near and dear to my heart.  The shop I work at is closing.  Emotions fluctuate daily, hourly really.  On one hand there is sadness.  Working at C.E. is the longest job I’ve ever stuck with.  Usually I stay for awhile, then get bored and move on.  C.E. gave me a sense of dedication I’ve never experienced before.  I will miss the community we have built over the last four years; well I’ll miss most of the peopleJ.  We have been a community of students and teachers, changing and exchanging roles as the situation called for it.  We created a place where people felt it was okay be to themselves, it’s a place of healing and friendship.  Teresa has always said that even though she was the owner, she always felt like this was everyone’s shop.  Setting the sadness aside there is also excitement.  I love new things and I am thrilled to find out what is waiting for me out in the big wide world.  My focus for the past four years has been fulfilling the dream of working at a metaphysical shop.  Now I have new dreams, new goals, and the opportunity to fulfill them all.  As much as I love C.E. I can let it go knowing that the Universe has new adventures in store for me, and for everyone connected with the shop.  I have been so blessed with the lessons I have learned, the people I have met, and the love that I have experienced.  So there is sadness, and there is excitement.  There is release, but never regret.     So I guess what I am trying to say is, We’re Out Bitches!! 

Tasty Tidbit #2: Two Pigs, No Blanket

            As I’ll be discussing shortly, my birthday came around just yesterday.  Pretty damn cool if you ask me.  My husband decided to go all out this year and get me something that I have wanted for a long time. I am now the proud mommy of two guinea pigs.  I’ve got an albino with pink eyes, and a black and white one that is afraid of everything.  I was actually afraid of the albino one at first, though I’m getting over it now.  I was once bit by an albino ferret, but my albino piggy is super curious and loves to eat hay from my hand.  We tucked them into a quiet corner to get acclimated to their new home and I get to bring them slivers of carrot sticks twice a day.  They were making a guinea pig purring noise this morning which made my heart sing.  I decided to name the black and white one Sneaker, since I have to coax him out of his house with a carrot sliver and then he just runs away with it back inside.  I considered several different names for the white one. I really wanted to name him flap-jack, don’t ask me why I don’t know. I refused to name him snowflake, or powderpuff, or anything dumb like that, so my husband and I decided to name him the obvious.  We named him, Cracker. 



32

            Birthdays are weird.  They are a lot like New Year’s Eve to me.  One day you wake up and you are 31, the next day you wake up 32.  How does that happen exactly?  I am usually pretty low key on my birthday, in fact there was a time when I wouldn’t tell anyone it was my birthday and just let it pass by quietly.  Not because I had a problem with growing older, I just didn’t want all that attention.  To me, drawing attention to myself because it was my birthday put a huge spotlight on me and I wasn’t interested in drawing that kind of attention to myself.  Some of that was shyness; some of it was lack of self-love.  Thankfully I have gotten over both those, for the most part. 
            Today is a new day, the second day of being 32.  Nothing much has changed; I am still the same person I was yesterday.  I don’t even feel a year older.  There has been so much change in my life these past twelve months that it would be hard for me to pick one thing that has stood out most for me.  I have changed in dramatic ways over the last twelve months, moved three times, overhauled my eating habits, learned new things about myself (i.e. I love public speaking), and a plethora of other things.  I have lost friends and gained new ones.  I have found my voice, and learned how to use it.  I listened to my friends and started writing.  Thirty-one was turbulent, exciting, saddening, and just about every other emotion.  I look back and I am amazed at what happen in that short amount of time.  I flew overseas for the first time in my life; I took a transatlantic cruise, and started a blog. 
            My birthdays are still pretty low key, though everyone knows it’s my birthday these days.  I love the closeness of my friends and family.  Maybe that’s a sign that I’m getting old, lol.  My friends all gave me happy birthday messages on my Facebook, which gives me endless amounts of warm fuzzies.  Then I was gifted with a beautiful and extremely tasty lemon cake, not to mention some wonderful gifts.  I felt blessed and loved.  I feel that way a lot. 
            Thirty-two is only just beginning to bud.  I feel like I just planted a bunch of seeds in a garden.  I don’t know what the seeds will become, but I am watching as the buds begin to push to the surface.  I am eager to see what will grow in my garden this year, what adventures I will take, what new parts of me I will discover.  I know that each seed has to grow and blossom in its own time, and I am definitely feeling somewhat impatient. I want to see now, but I know I have to wait.  Considering the changes at the shop I am a little concerned about what 32 might want to teach me.  Will it be all about endings?  I doubt that very much.  However I am willing to learn whatever 32 has to offer.  I am sure I will have bright shiny moments and I am sure that the clouds might threaten from time to time, but nothing is permanent. Not even 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment