Thursday, March 31, 2011

The F*CK IT Solution

Let the booze flow!!
Twice the tequila, twice the fun!

Tasty Tidbit #1:  Idiots = Entertainment
            Let me talk to the guys for a second.  Look guys, if you wear pants that are so tight, that I should be able to see your penis bulge but I can’t, you need to get some looser pants, because you are just embarrassing yourself.  Also, in the matters of sex, never announce to anyone, let alone a stranger that, “That’s above your level.”  We will laugh at you! (And post that shit on our blog!!)
Tasty Tidbit #2:  Sub-Species (Courtesy of Teresa)
            Stupid people, what more can we say right?  I guess every species has a lesser species, from whence we came, even sphincter gnomes.

The Fuck It Solution
            My guess is there will be people who don’t really like the title of this blog.  I would further venture that some people would say that the blog title is tequila induced and while I might have an incredible urge to get naked, the premise of this blog was conceived while I was completely sober.  I admit that trying to type this after having two and a quarter of a half margaritas is proving a wee bit challenging.  No, I’m not a big drinker and in fact it’s been about two months since I last imbued.  But drink I did tonight and under the wire we are.  Thank you, Yoda.  Let’s do our best to stay on track here. 
            So, what is the Fuck it solution you wonder, let me tell you.  There comes a point in a person’s life when they must say Fuck It.  This occurred recently for a friend of mine.  She has been caught in the middle of a divorce for over four years now.  Her husband, some day to be ex, promised her certain things.  He cheated on her, gave her a curable STD, (thank God cause I am pretty sure she would have killed his ass), and then he refused to do the things he said he would do, not that, that should be surprising in any way.  So, for four years she has held on, hoping that at some point he would capitulate and agree to do what he said he would.  Not so much.  On a night when a friend (Alton actually) listened to me and assisted me in release, I was able the same night to turn around and do the same for my friend, let’s call her Sally. 
            Sally called me needing a friend’s advice, more than that she wanted me to tell her the truth.  Don’t tell me I don’t look fat in the pants, just tell me the truth.  So I did.  I told her she needed to just let all that shit go.  She needed to say fuck it!!  She knew that he would not uphold his end of the agreement no matter how long she held on.  I told her that by holding onto all that energy she was blocking herself and her future.  It came down to Sally wanting/needing to be right.  Sally thought that by him finally doing the things that he said he would do that she would finally have a victory over him, she would have won, he would have lost, but in this case the only person that was losing was, Sally.  The longer that the divorce dragged on the tighter she held onto the belief that everything would come out okay in the end, that this struggle would be worth it, but trust me, the end does not justify the means. 
            As she listened to me explain about her energy being stuck and needing a release, she said that she had felt this coming for awhile, but she didn’t want to let go.  Again it was that she needed to be right in the situation, and don’t get me wrong I was in her corner cheering her on, but what she really needed to do was let it go.  Instead of gripping this conclusion of illusion she needed to see what holding onto this relationship was doing to her.  To say that it was destroying her life would not be too much of an understatement.  For a long time we viewed this as He was destroying her, but really it was Sally, destroying Sally. 
            When we get caught up in the overwhelming need to be right the only thing that can happen is that we will get stuck beyond belief.  It turns into one of those vicious circles and we end up chasing our own tails for eternity.  We don’t need to be right, we need to release.  That’s what saying fuck it does, it offers us release.  We often think in this lovely spiritual world that when we accept something and/or release something we have to like or love what we are accepting/releasing.  I don’t think so.  That my friends would be impossible.  Some pills of life just suck.  No matter how well intentioned you might be, no matter how much you want to be the Zen Buddha of acceptance, it ain’t gonna happen.  You are going to swallow that pill (acceptance) because you know it’s the best thing you can do for yourself, but you don’t necessarily have to like it.  Hence, fuck it.  Saying fuck it can seem like a crass way to reach acceptance/release, but in some cases, it’s the only way.  It’s not a pretty way, it’s not the love, compassion way, but it is a way to get to that release, and the point is to release.  To feel some relief about your situation in life.  To begin to open up and allow new energy to come in.  Some of the most powerful energetic shifts have happened in my life the moment that I had a crying, screaming fit at God/Spirit/the Great Whatever.  Release brings in new energy; it allows space for that energy to come in.  In Sally’s case, she couldn’t find another relationship, no matter how lonely she might be because she had not released the energy of her old relationship.  She wanted so badly to be right in the past that she was willing, though somewhat unconsciously, to sacrifice the future.
            Of course, I’m not saying that we shouldn’t want to be right, we’re human we want to win, we want the gold star, but we need to make sure that we don’t get stuck in that need to be right.  We need to open up, pop the cork, and release.  Don’t wait until it builds up volcano style and you find yourself spewing all over the place.  If that happens and it probably will at one point in your life or another, don’t condemn yourself, just recognize it for what it is and move on.  We get so stuck on needing to find the root of the problem, that we forget to move forward.  Find a way to release the energies that are holding you in place, and if all else fails, say Fuck It!

No comments:

Post a Comment